Sunday, September 14, 2008

My wedding dress




Just Married!




And from the moment I got engaged, I knew that I wanted a unique dress. I wasn't one of those little girls that dreamed of my wedding day, so I had no idea what this dress would look like--I just knew I wanted it to be...different.








My friends were urging me to DIM (Do It Myself) but I really, really didn't want to make my dress. I just wanted to walk into a store and find The One...for less than R3000 to hire (actually, preferably much less than that). Well, if you've ever gotten married, you know just how silly that notion . The more I search on the net, the more I realized that I needed to put my skills to good use. Given my budget, my constraints (I knew my parents wanted to see me walk down the aisle in a white dress), and my taste (towards the more couture-looking dresses), I knew that the only way I was going to get a dress that I wanted was to DIY, er...DIM.


No comments: